View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #9
Hayden

The central locking function error light comes on intermittently since I got the car a few months ago, (the little red light on the lock button stays on, and get double beep when unlocking.) I'm honestly starting to think some part of this area is the culprit, because since the roof won't go down, I don't get the double beep, which could be the way it's supposed to work, or may be indicative of a problem (not sure, without a properly working Box to compare against.) I'm particularly interesting in the fuse on the back in the control unit you mentioned.

That, or the relay is still bad, and I need to ensure I swap a working on in there before going too crazy with checking wiring and whatnot. I'd be real surprised if something went bad in that area, since the car is such low mileage and probably stored for most of its life in a garage in California. Anything is possible.

So, inspecting the driver's side transmission and microswitch is probably not a likely source? It did stop the motor just fine the last time I put it down. It seems like something is overriding the whole system, like the alarm you mentioned.

Overall, this doesn't sound that bad. It could be a few things still, at least. Haven't run out of options to try. Thanks again, as always!
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote