View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
I've got the Dewalt D55168 1.6 HP, 200 PSI, 15 Gallon. It's got all the capacity I need to run air tools plus, being a vertical tank, has a relatively small footprint. I picked it up slightly used for $200, and the guy threw in an impact gun, an air ratchet, and 25' of hose.
ah impact gun. Now that's a score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnowles View Post
Perfectlap, I have a small 3 gallon compressor. It is a bit small, but I was still able to use it to get to 25 PSI on the uView (24 ~ 26 PSI recommended). I did have to go through a couple of cycles. Start the compressor and start the vacuum, flip the switch on the uView to hold the vacuum, let the compressor come back up to 100 PSI, flip the switch on the uView, etc. Took two or three cycles to get it there. Held pressure for several minutes as suggested to test for leaks, then swapped in the other hose with the 5 gallon bucket of coolant and let it fill.
Interesting. I checked with my indy and they said they use one of these.
Which makes me wonder why the coolant level would have dropped by roughly the same amount twice now since replacing the water pump in May. I've only driven the car a few times, but the driving is typically over an hour, so it seems like an enough time for a possible bubble to re-emerge.
If I had a hose issue I would imagine that the coolant would have dropped by a much bigger amount after a month now. Both times I could only see the coolant in the tank if I pulled back the carpeting. Sounds like a bubble right?
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-26-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote