View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #1
vvrich

Central Locking/Alarm Issue

Hi
I've just bought my first Porsche, a 1997 2.5 Boxster Manual UK RHD spec. It has got a few problems that I suspect are linked but don't know how to solve. Issues as follows:-

Passenger (left side) door does not lock either with the key or the remote or the button on the dash Remote button on key does not work even though the LED lights up and the red light on the dash flashes. I can open/lock the drivers door with the key but when I do, the horn beeps twice Other than that, car works fine and starts/runs perfectly.

I've got hold of a durametric and got the following fault codes/messages:-

Alarm Current Fault Codes
47 No Central Locking Possible Central Locking synchronisation Status: Present Number of times DTC present: 1
46 No Central Locking Possible Central Locking synchronisation Status: Present Number of times DTC present: 1
41 No engine start possible Transponder pill faulty or not present Status: Not present Number of times DTC present: 1
34 No passenger compartment monitoring Interior monitoring sensor short to B+ or faulty Status: Present Number of times DTC present: 1
45 Central Locking or unlocking not possible Server motor. Central Locking system short to B+ Status: Present Number of times DTC present: 2

Bit of a long list but anybody got any idea what all that means on a practical level ie how do I fix it!

Thanks for your help Richard
vvrich is offline   Reply With Quote