View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #17
ccjazz

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
make sure you are topping with the same kind of coolant that is in there already.
If you mix long-lasting expensive coolant with the generic kind you'll degrade the protective additives. Wayne Dempsey in 101 Boxster Projects actually advocates keeping the coolant 2 years fresh to maintain this protection.

And when flushing and old tank make sure all the air is out. Otherwise you'll be paying for a second fill up because the old, brittle tank split from the air pressure and dumped all your expensive coolant onto the street. Coolant flush usually runs about $400 with these cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKnowles View Post
I'd suggest buying the uView Airlift 550000, new OEM water pump, and LT thermostat. At the same time I did all this I also bought the hoses and clamps and changed them all. I have a part list on a prior thread if you want to go that route.

BTW: If you are not a PCA member, go sign up. Doing so lowers my parts cost 15% at my local dealer (if I have the number correct). My prices at the local dealer are actually less than SunCoast now. Lots less than Pelican Parts. Surprised me to be honest. My first purchase just about paid for my two year membership.
I really appreciate all of the great advice and comments. Now I can make a plan.

Thanks all!