View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
BrokenLinkage

Libertarian rant of the morning

I'd prob buckle under and put the plate on if my state required it, but heck, if I didn't care about the beautiful lines of my car, there are a lot of other more practical car options out there, and...
You gotta draw the line somewhere at unnecessary government intrusion.
By the time we get old, we are tired of drawing the line anywhere, and just jump through the hoops. We justify mental/moral/physical laziness as practicality (you can't fight every minor battle, can you?)
Soon, it becomes the norm, and tomorrows youth act like yesterdays aged and tired, and the price of freedom inches up.
We should enjoy our cars before the state recognizes us for the selfish criminals we are, abusing the resources of our country for the sake of something as antisocial and unproductive as plain old fun.

Congrats Flavor on your win, and for taking up the case for all of us more lazy types. It sounds like the both the judge and the policewoman see your point, and that is at least a tiny start in the process of getting the law changed to eradicate this tiny bit of extraneous bureaucracy.
But before I'm too old to drive, I expect there will be an exorbitant tax for those of us that don't agree to install self-monitoring GPS with reporting capability to monitor our location/speed/traffic compliance. Or maybe it will be a flat-out requirement. After all, we have been told over and over that driving is a privilege, not a right, and that the freedom envisioned by the founding fathers did not include automotive travel.
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote