View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
Hayden

Convertible top won't close - searched - please help!

Top is stuck in the down position.

Here's what I know:

Parking brake light works fine.

When I push on the switch in windshield latch assembly from the bottom, the windows roll up (If they are down.)

There is no motor sounds

No lights on the dash saying the top is open.

When I press the button in the cockpit, I hear a click from the relay. I hear this when I try and press the up position, but don't hear the click when I press the down position. Could this be indicative of a bad relay?

Fuses look fine, but have not replaced them. Will try this tonight when I get some new ones.

I've whacked the relay on the ground plenty of times.

I took off the micro switch and heated up the solder to the end connections and smoothed it out across the silver bands. They looked a little cruddy, but they were still connected.

With the windows rolled all the way up, they move down when I open the doors - with the top down. I think my car thinks the top is up!

The only thing I haven't inspected is the micro switch behind the drivers side seatbelt area. Not sure what to even look for there. I know there is something with a silver clip and probably a button like the other one. I will probably try pushing on it and whacking it with stuff. At the end of my rope.

Hopefully this is enough info to point me in the right direction, and not waste $$$ on diagnostics

Last edited by Hayden; 06-24-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote