View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
AKnowles

Radiator: push out dirt from behind?

I'm planning a vacation next weekend and it was time, so changed the oil, checked my hoses & clamps for leaks after my water pump replacement (found a small leak at a host clamp - just need to reposition it), and decided to clean my radiators. Got the bumper off in less than 10 minutes. Got the radiator ducts off in another 5 or so. But I'm planning to wait until tomorrow AM to take the car of the stands and roll it outside the garage for separating & cleaning.

I've been doing some searching and came across the concept of cleaning the radiators (not AC condensers) from the rear to push the debris back out the channel it came in and it make plenty of sense. Right up to the question of how can I do that? From what I know the fan covers the rear of the radiator and both are covered by another duct. I found that out when I had to replace my ballast resistor.

So, an suggestions on how to reverse clean it? Or should I just hose it down one the front side and hit it with some low pressure air (about 20~25 PSI) from my air compressor?