View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
"Always" Eric? That's a strong statement. Internal combustion is antiquated, barbaric, and will die...and it won't be a choice. The internal combustion engine will be banned someday...Hopefully within our lifetimes. Mark my words

Electric is the future. I know it's scary, but you'll have to embrace it someday
Electric cars can easily outperform internal combustion, not to mention efficiency. Current Tesla models are pushing 90%+ efficiency, whereas internal combustion efficiency rarely exceeds 20%. Can you say POS?

Currently, the only problem is charging. Swapping out batteries like this is clearly not a viable method. The transition will happen more quickly once we come up with a battery that can be charged and discharged very fast. I can tell you that this type is less than 10 years away.

Remember that people had the same negative reaction to the internal combustion engine. They wanted to keep their horse-drawn carriages. It has to start somewhere. People will get over it, they always do. Change is scary, and it hurts peoples feelings.

Last edited by particlewave; 12-23-2013 at 02:40 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote