View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #19
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreseller View Post
Regarding Rennlist, it is indeed worth the $17 for membership which will pay off in spades for the info alone.
To the OP, a membership fee is not required to post on Rennlist nor read the posts. If you wish to post something for sale you do have to pay the membership fee. I recently let my membership expire and all of the model-specific forums are still accessible to users who are not paid members. Rennlist is now operated by a corporation, which in turn was acquired by an even bigger private equity interest, that collect fees from advertisers, in addition to running more than 100 other sites. It is alledged that they sell your user information but I haven't looked into that. Pelican and Renntech, other sites that also benefit greatly from the members' collective knowledge, the real value in these websites imho, have no membership fees just like 986forum does not. In fact, I can't think of a single forum I've belonged to that charged a membership fee. Even on the Rennlist parent company's website, they boast that nearly all of their sites do not charge user fees.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-19-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote