View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
Winter

Engine stalled and now no A/C?

Hello, I've visited these forums for a few problems I have managed to fix after searching in Google. You guys have helped me with the Top not working as well as how to open my hood with a completely dead battery.

I've looked around but haven't been able to find anything about my current dilemma.

I have 99 Boxster with 67K miles. Been garage kept and in excellent condition. Yesterday afternoon I was driving about 25 mph when the steering got heavy and I noticed it had stalled. Didn't think much about it cause I was going uphill and just thought I overloaded the engine. Restarted with no problem.

Was going downhill 30 seconds or so later it stalled again and I thought I smelled a funny burning smell. I pulled over. Looked everywhere for smoke and tried to identify the smell. Only thing I could think of was that it kind of smelled like burning break pads.

Went outside and the only place I could identify a strong odor was from the front wheels. So might not be related at all.

checked the battery area as well as the trunk and nothing was burning or giving off a odor. Its then I realized the AC was running hot.

1. Symbol showed.
2. could hear/feel compressor
3. Just blowing hot air (seemed slightly warmer than ambient temp)

The only sense I could make out of it was that the AC was drawing too much power and caused me to stall.

But after those two stalls there were no more Stalls. And just no AC. The odd thing about it making me wonder if its just not an AC problem is.

1. The stalls.
2. At the same time the park light did not work and the top would not work ( was the park sensor cable below the parking break came lose (now fixed.)

Thanks for any assistance.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote