View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #8
shadrach74

Quote:
Originally Posted by moresquirt View Post
The pads appear to be lasting approx 50000 kilometers per,I have already purchased the porsche pads but not rotors ,there is definately no warpage at hwy speed and no hairline cracks near the holes.Based on the spec info i have given how much more wear will the rotors see before the next set of pads is toast,don,t have a problem changing the rotors out but not if i think i may be able to wear another set off pads on them.If my pads last 50000 kilometers that means i will have approx 90000 miles on the rotors,is that possible.
It all depends on driving style. I can drive the 9 mile back road I live on with out braking at all if not forced to by obstacles or other motorists. If you're gentle, rotors could certainly last through 2 sets of pads. Do you know the history of the car?

Don't take too seriously the barking about reusing rotors that are in spec. A lot of folks derive pleasure from buying new parts and throwing perfectly serviceable parts away. The only real utility in it is that it makes them feel good, it does little to nothing for performance unless you're operating on the ragged edge.

If you do decide to replace the rotors, go with a reputable manufacturer and don't skimp on replacement parts quality. The parts market these days is hard to understand, sometimes I get more for less and often times it's the other way around.

Last edited by shadrach74; 06-17-2013 at 03:09 PM.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote