View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
Even if I use the clips they'll only prevent movement in one direction, the other depending on the kink in the hard line and contact with the inner fender ( RF). This because the new line end will slide right down through the hole in the bracket . I could use plastic ties but I'm a worrier and need things to be perfect before I can forget them. Every single movement up or down will stress this 'location device'. I'll have to buy another set. BYPRODRIVER has said that a certain type of Porsche race car ( Porsche Cup?) used OEM rubber coated lines. Maybe they're good enough after all. I've always wanted the stainless but do they really offer any benefit?
Something is wrong in all this, you comments about the line moving in one direction with the clip in place got me to thinking that you don't have them assembled correctly. The stainless flex line should pass thru the mount on the car's frame, and clip should slide thru, pulling the shoulder of the line against the mount:

This is a pic from a 911, but the mounts are basically the same. When the stainless line is in place with he clips in, it actually hold the assembly so firmly that you can tighten in the hard line without another tool (the clip and mount hold it).

And yes, they are a very worth while upgrade, we have installed a lot of them.