View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #60
NoGaBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I went to our local dealer to order a new Boxster S for about 81K and when they told me they were not interested in trading in my Boxster, I bought a 2002 Turbo they had on the lot for $49K and kept my Boxster. Not quite 1/2 the price, but close enough!
Hey, I did the same about 2 months ago! This is a great solution, IMO. I paid just over 50k for a 17,000 mile 02 TT X50 (450hp, 467tq stock) with some nice upgrades (full coilovers, full headers/exhaust). Kept my 2004 Boxster SE550, and between the two they're worth less than a new 981S.

I wanted the TT as an all-weather, enclosed, more spacious car. As such, I may even remove the coilovers after awhile -- they've made it a great handling car, with the understeer now dialed out, but at the price of a choppier ride in daily commuting. I keep telling myself that is what I bought the car for, not track/mountain prowess, since I have the Boxster already. But dang, I do love the way that car powers out of tight turns that would leave the poor Boxster bogging down when the PSM cut power to prevent spinning the inside rear tire.

Anyway, it's hard for me to fault the TT. It was a $149k car (the dude checked EVERY box when it came to leather: Bose speaker grills, AC VENT SLATS!, seat BACKS, door sills, horseshoe, etc.) so it is finished even better than my Full Leather Boxster, but that's just a function of the options list. I will say that the doors close with a more satisfying thunk, something I totally didn't expect since I thought everything would be the same between the two doors. No idea what the difference is, but it's more pleasing in the TT.

And then there's that powah...
NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote