View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #7
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
The sticker on the under side of the front hood will list what options originally came on the car.
391 -- 17" wheels Boxster design
396 -- 17" wheels Boxster design
413 -- 18" Turbo-look wheels
If it had the standard 16" wheels, there might not be anything listed. Since you have an S, it probably came with 17" or 18" wheels since the larger front rotors of the S require at least the 17" wheels.
Thanks for the response, but I didn't see any of those numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
KRAM36- that's the one! I bought it and am installing it now. The code for the factory sport susp. is M030. If your car doesn't have it now, you have that much more to gain. With 100 000 mi I think your suspension's tired all round. My car has 80 000 and it feels excellent but I thought I'd take advantage of the 'sale'. I now THINK that sale may in fact exist a lot longer than I expected ( it's been on 2-3 months now) but of course the supply may truly be limited. Whoever installs it would then have an easier time determining what that clunking noise is. My guess is that there's a control arm bushing that's badly worn. It could cause more damage if not addressed now.
Do you have 'allseason' tires?
That is a good deal, but it says it does lower the rear end a bit. Will look into the bushings, thanks.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote