View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:04 AM   #22
cfos

While I don't agree with the idea that Porsche is out to rip Perfectlap off and giggle like crazy over the extra $100s and $1000s of dollars they envision making should he ever (not likely) take the auto-plunge, I see no problem with a for-profit business making more money. I also think that generalizations over manual/auto awareness fail to address the individual and their ability to "focus" on driving. Not every gun owner shoots oneself, yet one can't shoot oneself without a gun. Not everyone that drinks alcohol gets behind the wheel after taking a drink, but one can't drive drunk without taking a drink. Having the ability to text doesn't assume that people will use it. There is no benefit to smoking and most wind up with cancer and, while one can argue that smoking is an addiction, blah blah blah, you cant be addicted to something you never tried. So, though I have hands-free capabilities, I choose not to pick up the phone when getting a call -- even though I drive a pdk. In my opinion, it comes down to the person, not necessarily the transmission.

Last edited by cfos; 06-08-2013 at 09:11 AM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote