View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #9
Benjamin

Garage
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I was wondering if there were a common cause for all of our cars to revert back to transport mode (my 2000 S is doing it too). The closest dealer for me is over an hour away, and they (claiming over the phone they had never heard of this problem) said they would do it for $100. In calling around to independent shops in my city, one of them mentioned that they had seen this before and it seemed to be linked to when your battery goes dead. Not necessarily being disconnected for service work, but for instance leaving the lights on and your battery slowly goes dead. That did happen to me about a week after I bought the car, and to be honest, I don't remember if the interior lights came on correctly before hand.

Has anyone else had a dead battery experience just prior to noticing the problem?

Also, I've noticed that I can't store a new position in my memory seat. I never tried it before the dead battery, so maybe it never worked. I don't like the rear view mirror going down automatically because it's never useful and about half of the time it doesn't come back up, so I have to use the mirror adjuster to bring it back up.

Third, my brake lights don't work with the ignition off. I don't know if that's another symptom of transport mode, or it's supposed to be that way. On every other non-Porsche I've had the brake lights always work.

Fourth, (I keep remembering things), the central locks button on the dash doesn't work with either of the doors open? Again, doesn't seem like it should be that way.

I haven't checked the fuel door, but it may very well be not locking.

Benjamin