View Single Post
Old 01-15-2006, 08:06 PM   #10
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
Jim, I agree with you 100%. But, then why are there so many black and silver Boxsters?

I am sure there are many reasons, and I suggest one of those is that people think this will help them with resale or trade-in value.
Hi,

The real reason there are that many Black and Silver Boxsters is because Porsche Painted so many of them Black and Silver.

To be sure there are many Customer Ordered Cars where color is selected, but I bet that Generic Dealer Stock significantly outnumbers them - who picks the colors on these Cars..?? Because of Deals and people's need for Instant Gratification, many will buy whatever color is available rather than wait for a Special Order.

Another thing is that Silver predominates in all of Porsche's Marketing and Advertising consequently, many people want one that looks just like it.

While I agree that a color like Toadstool Brown might take longer to unload in the future, any of the Normal colors will move pretty well. You can have a color preference when buying used, but many people are flexible if they find an excellent example in another OK color, they'll compromise and go for the Good Example...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote