View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
LesMurray
Lover of all things bacon

Soon to be a Porsche owner

New member here. Looks like I may become the owner of a 2005 Boxster S shown here:

Cars for Sale: 2005 Porsche Boxster S in Orange, CA 92868: Convertible Details - 320397490 - AutoTrader.com

I have already test driven the car and am having the PPI done Thursday. It's a little high on mileage and there are no service records with the car. However, I know that it was originally serviced at Beverly Hills Porsche. It drives very well with lots of pull, especially north of 4k rpm. I didn't see any signs of oil leaks or body damage.

It includes navigation package and chrono package (I think - there was a stop watch on the dash). It also has a Magnaflow muffler - that thing will have to go. It sounds very aggressive, but when the RPMs are below 2800 the sound will make me deaf in a week.

The dealer is listing it at $17.9k, but wholesale on these things is around $15k. I will try to get him as close to $16k as I can.

I've been reading over this site and others to gather as much info as I can. I believe based on what I read that the IMB may not be as much of a worry for this model year as earlier cars. But I am prepared for water pump and RMS to be issues. Anything else I should be aware of for this model year?

Thanks for the help and I look forward to seeing you all out on the roads of SoCal.

Les
LesMurray is offline   Reply With Quote