View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
2003S

Garage
Diagnosis Gurus?

I decided that winter is most likely over, even here in Chicago, so I put my summer wheels on this afternoon. While doing so, I gave each rotor a spin, and checked my brake pads.

I noticed that EVERY rotor has a spot where it grabs a bit, and slows down. I suppose it doesn't have to be the rotors, could be bearings, but that seems less likely to go on all 4 corners... More than just a little grab, it's fairly noticeable. You can hear it rubbing (presumably against the brake pads). Is this normal? I would have thought they'd spin a little more freely?

It almost sounds like a bit of metal on metal scraping at that point, but I can't be sure.

Taking her for a quick spin after putting the wheels on, I could definitely hear the noise rolling down the alley (can't say I was listening for it before, typically windows have been up so far this year, but I'm sure it was there before I changed the wheels).

Regardless, I'm probably stopping by the shop this week to have them give her a once over (I'm about due for new pads anyway, so I'll just have them to do that at the same time).

If you have any ideas of what I might be looking at, I'm all ears.
2003S is offline   Reply With Quote