View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #14
Hayden

Just a side note, I wouldn't put simple green anywhere near those wheels. Are you diluting the stuff? I suppose it could potentially attack the compound on your brake pads too, but I've not heard about this before. People like to blame stuff on simple green, cause its used so much. It's really powerful though, so anything's possible if you sprayed it all over the affected area. What a stumper, though.

Have you tried braking really hard from speed to a stop? Maybe do that a few times, but overall, I can't think of how switching out wheels would cause this unless you altered the brakes, which if we get real technical, you did with simple green. If those are the only two things you've done, then it probably is one of those two things. If you had just messed with the brake system, I think we'd have a culprit. There's really no way those wheels could be causing THAT much additional effort to stop, especially with the compounds. If in 200 miles its not gone, something is definitely wrong. Some 19" tires are incredibly heavy though. You can increase your mass by a few lbs pretty easy among models, and being all the way to the outside, the effect is more pronounced. This probably shouldn't be underestimated in general when talking about performance, but your symptoms are not bad enough to warrant it as a cause.
Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote