View Single Post
Old 05-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #18
Southtxfarmer74
Crazy rancher with a 986

Garage
I am starting to agree with a few of you here and think this noise is coming from some worn out suspension component. I am thinking of just going ahead and rebuilding the the suspension on the front and back. Looks like parts might run around 3k, but I can do the labor myself, so only thing I will need after the overhaul is a four wheel alignment/wheel balance. Far as I can tell, the struts are original so I am guessing that I probably need to replace them too. When I have the car elevated, I can literally grab either of the rear wheels and push them up a few inches before I encounter enough resistance to stop me doing so. I can't help but think that probably is not correct and it should have more resistance. Was going to go ahead and replace the wheel bearings while I am in there and re-work the CV boots on the outside, while replacing the whole CV assembly on the inside. Pelican parts has a overhaul kit for about 2100 bucks and seems to have everything I would requite sans wheel bearings and struts. Am I doing the right thing by thinking this way? The car drives great, but it is 10 years old and has almost 90k on it. There has to be some wear and tear on the components. I would love to hear what you guys think....
Southtxfarmer74 is offline   Reply With Quote