View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #15
cardiffgiant

I've only gotten out of a ticket on the roadside once. I was 16 and driving an oldsmobile delta 88. I did a roll stop and an unmarked put his lights on. He asked if I knew why I was pulled over, I said roll stop, and he siad "yeah... roll stop".

Then he asked if I'd been drinking (it's the middle of hte day). keeping in mind that while I'm 16, I probably look more like I'm 14, I answer "no officer, I'm not 21... I'm only 16." I'm dead serious, because I was straight edge in high school. He gives me a long look like he's trying to figure out if I'm a nerd or a smart ass... then decides that I'm a nerd and let's me go with a warning.

For a more current story; I recently got a ticket with the box a couple of weeks back. I see the lights in a distance and wonder what's going on. Then I realize that they're after me. I'm getting the siren and everything.

Officer "Do you know why I pulled you over?"
Me "I'm going to assume that I was speeding."
Officer "You were going 45 in a 30."
Me, "I thought the speed limit was 45 on this street?"
Officer "It is... but you were going 45 on Colvin (a street a 3-4 miles and several lights away from where I was being pulled over, which is a 30)..... And it took me this long to catch up to you."

I got it reduced to a parking ticket in court, but I have to burn a Saturday morning in driving school
cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote