View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
retsbox

OK kjc2050 and thanks for the reply. Again, looking through all the Porsche invoices I have found one for a complete clutch renewal at 34,000 miles. Seems very low miles for a new clutch so I am thinking that maybe it's first 3 years of life were probably hard driven miles. That clutch, as far as I am aware is still in the car now so it has covered approx 40k which again is not much. A short drive is ok but anything over an hour is quite tiring on the left leg and if I jump in my Civic not long after I almost push the clutch pedal through the floor !!. I am convinced something is amiss with the clutch so it would probably be best to book it into a clutch centre for investigation. I did contact the seller re this problem but his reply was: myself, my brother and a Porsche mechanic have driven this car and we have never experienced the probs you mention, but there again, he would say that, wouldn't he. Love the car though, had a 2.7 version some years ago but it was not the same animal, too underpowered for what it was. Clutch was ok though !. Will post more after clutch examination. Regards.
retsbox is offline   Reply With Quote