View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
retsbox

Clutch and gearbox

Hi all, new to the site and looking for anyone with the same probs as my Boxster and any possible info on remedy. Bought a Boxster S a few weeks back. It is a very well kept example on a 51 plate with 75,000 miles on the odo. The miles are genuine and the car came with a full up to date Porsche history and all mot's. Looking through the pile of Porsche invoices that also came with it I have discovered it has had the ims bearing and the rear main oil seal renewed at 67,000 miles so this is not my main concern. When I test drove the car it had probably already been warmed up so the problem was not really present. The day after I purchased it though when the gear box was obviously cold the gear change's were very notchy to say the least and as the box warms up the problem all but disappears. Also, I own a Civic 2.2 diesel which I consider to have a stiff clutch but the Boxster is twice as hard to depress, is this normal for a Boxster ??. Any info or idea's welcome and appreciated. Thanks.
retsbox is offline   Reply With Quote