View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #10
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
PERFECTLAP, have you seen the front of the new GT3? I love it want one BADDDD
I want an automatic Porsche GT3 as my daily driver too

That car is going to sell like hotcakes to a much wider audeinece without three pedals.
And its going to blow the doors off all the previous GT3's on laptime. We're going to have
quiet a few over-night Ayrton Sennas at the local Porsche DE's.

I was looking at some studio renderings of the 997 and 991 profile. one was overlayed directly over the other. The angles are nearly exactly the same, the only difference being that they extend further to accomodate the wider/longer proportions of the 991. Which gives it a flatter look, less of the trademark fender hips. But since this car is all about the N-ring laptime and drag coefficient trumps reduced weight all day long, that car is going to end up looking like a Omega fish oil capsule before the decade is out.
The car designers have been reduced to tinkering with the look of the headlights, fog lights and side markers...everything else is up to the CAD software or whatever these engineers use now.

great comparison pic:
I wonder if placing the mirror lower so that its on the door instead of the pillar produces less drag.
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/content/image/2/0/2012_porsche_911_gt3_spy_photos_08_1-0924.jpg
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-24-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote