View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
joe shmoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
Wow, great looking Boxster!
thanks! that's what i said when i saw the seller's ad. immediately called him up and bought the car sight unseen. needless to say, the seller did not disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
All of the Spec Boxsters that I know (including the one that I am building right now) are running the lightweight aftermarket hardtop. The stock top is way too heavy and it puts the weight in the worst place possible (up high).
that's what i thought. oem hardtop is heavy and at the worst spot. which aftermarket hardtop are you using for your build and how is the fitment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Some BSR cars do indeed run the Porsche OEM hardtop... generally not the ones on the podium though.

The aftermarket top weighs 1/2, and a cage will work with either as they have the same profile per class rules.
yeah not looking for podium right now. hahaha. just taking it easy first thru DE. if i could get away with a full cage design with the OEM hardtop and later on replace it with aftermarket hardtop if that's all it takes to get me to podium LOL. the other mods inline are deep sump, baffle kit, and AOS before i put her on the track. been reading up on this forum. thanks to those who posted valuable info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Hmm... aero kit I. That makes it a rare box indeed !
thanks. i like the look of this aero kit I. so that's what it is huh. i'm not sure it's 'legal' for BSR. may have to put the aero kit at some point.
joe shmoo is offline   Reply With Quote