View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #56
drbodzin
San Diego Boxster

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerESQ View Post
Great looking project. How long are you budgeting for all of the work? I actually just got done with the same work last weekend.

Overall I did:
* Full 3 piece clutch job
* IMS Bearing, I went with the Pelican kit and will replace again on my next clutch.
* Plugs / Coil packs / Plug tubes
* RMS
* Engine oil change
* Swepco 201 gear oil

I wish I had actually thought of it and replaced the AOS, Coolant Tank, and Oil Tube, I've got 40K on my AOS, and the coolant tank and oil tube are original with 95K on them.

Here are a few pictures: Porsche Transmission Drop - Imgur

Also, if you haven't, change your gear oil now while your transmission is out. It's much easier when you don't have to deal with pumping gear oil in from under the car. I was going to put my transmission on an engine stand, but wound up using a lounge chair that my neighbor was throwing away. It fit perfectly (picture 8).
Great job! I've been taking my time with the work. Will likely get the transmission back in this weekend. Already had the gear oil changed back in Nov 2012. I inspected the coolant tank and fill tubes and they looked as good as new. I read the coolant tank mainly has failures when its been over-filled and that's never been an issue for me. The AOS, seemed ok too. There's been no symptoms indicating it has been failing. The plugs and such were also done in Nov 2012.

I just ordered the Boxster S Oil Cooler. I will be installing it as well as a center radiator this week as well. Want the best cooling I can get as my next major project is installing the Imagine Auto super charger kit I have.

1998 Black Boxster (owned since 2001)
drbodzin is offline   Reply With Quote