View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
Whippy

Hello 986 lovers!

Hello there Folks, I'm a recently joined member and have enjoyed searching around your excellent forum. I've owned probably over 20 Porsche's over the years and have loved them all from 928's to Cayennes and 930's to 924's pretty much every model ever made (except a three fifty six) but this is my first ever Boxster and wow am I enjoying owning, but more particularly driving it. Its not quick by any standards as an early 2.5 but boy is it well balanced! It belongs to my 8 year old son Sam so we won't be moving this one on! :-)

I bought it a few months ago it was pretty tired and unloved so I have done a few bits to it - clear front lights and side repeaters, smoked LED rear clusters, new rear window & hood, new Carrera III wheels, respray of the plastic body panels, paint detail and correction of all metal panels, new bonnet badge, new brake fluid, a general service, new tyres, all new suspension- coils, struts, anti roll bars, coffin/control arms front and rear, all new suspension & steering bushings - it drives like new now! Oh... And I also took a flyer on spraying the air intakes, and I love them in silver.... :-)

Hopefully I can contribute a bit here and also learn a lot too. Thanks.

Whippy.

Whippy is offline   Reply With Quote