View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Mr. Anonymous

Handling Question

So here's the scenario: I bought by first and only used Box a couple years ago (I realize I'm running the risk of sounding too hip by using the term "Box" but I'm going with it anyway). The car came with badly worn tires that I planned on replacing. In the meantime some little sweetheart decided to back into me while she was busy chatting on her mobile phone. Fortunately, or unfortunately depending upon your outlook, I was in it at the time. After calmly mumbling golly gee willikers, we exchanged information and her insurance company took care of all repairs. Part of the repairs was replacing a damaged rear driver's side wheel (as a side note, Porsche doesn't give those things away!). After all repairs were made the body shop took it to a local chain tire store for an alignment. I immediately took it and had Michelin Pilot Super Sports put on. Upon new tire installation they did not do a second alignment.

So here's my dilema...finally: I have since noticed more play in the steering wheel, and I'm not sure as to the cause of the fix if there is one. Since this is my first experience with these cars I don't have anything else to compare it to other than how it handled prior to all of this.

Please keep it mind that if you choose to reply to this I am a complete idiot savant when it comes to mechanics. I know how to drive it and that's it...even that's questionable at times. Having said that, if you start using technical mechanical lingo, you will get the obligatory eye-roll followed by the jerky jerky motion. So make sure to use small words and speak SLOWLY...please and thank you!