View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #19
Taj

Battery Disconnect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Put your old gas cap back on, replace the failed O2 sensor, and clear the codes. None of this requires the battery to be disconnected.
Hi Paul... Thanks. it's good to know that I won't fiddle with the electric line while I take care of my sensors and the fuel flap.

What if I have to disconnect the battery line for another job? Right now I've got three issues with my Boxster. It's drivable without taking care of these issues however I want to fix them all:

1. Glass not dropping while opening the passenger door. After getting help from our fellow Boxster owners I'm ready to work on this. There are threads where Boxster owner are saying battery needs to disconnected while dealing with the door. i.e. the entire panel will be taken out.

Is it okay to keep the battery disconnected for hours?

2. Fuel Flap. I still need more information. I've been browsing the net but I'm still not satisfied with the information. I may end up driving without fixing he fuel flap though CEL will always remain if I don't take care of this.

I can always buy a scanner and check regularly if my CEL is indicating anything more than my fuel flap.

3. Oxygen sensors. On the process of being fulfilled with information

To take care of all these 3 issues will be a whole day job for me

Once again your help is appreciated.
Taj is offline   Reply With Quote