View Single Post
Old 01-12-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
JackG

Smile Even better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster

BTW, I just finished modifying my Jack Stands for the Car as well. I have the Standard ones with the Forged 'U' shaped Saddles to accept a Box Frame Member. I drilled and tapped each one to accept an M10 Bolt, then got 4 Hockey Pucks and Center-Drilled them with a Countersunk hole. I thread the M10 Bolt through the Hockey Pucks into the Saddle and have a nice, rigid Flat Mount which doesn't Mar or Dent the Underside Members on the Car. Very Good Jackstands, less expensive than most are available here: http://www.bulletproofracing.com/jack%20stands.htm
Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
I went one step further... I got four identical jackstands, and then cut four 3"x3"x3/8" steel plates to fit on the top of the 'U' shaped area. Welded them on so the tops of the jackstands are now flat plates, then welded a 1" long piece of pipe straight up in the middle of the plate so it will "plug" into the jack point on the Boxster. Some 1/4" thick rubber conveyor belt material with a hole in the middle to fit over the pipe is the padding.

The pipe now plugs into the jack point, and the Boxster settles down on the flat plate padded by the rubber material. Totally secure, can't slide off, and cost about $25 to do.

Jack
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote