View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
Dragonwind

New problem: Engine idles fine but sounds like a muscle car under power...code P1539

Hi all,
Of course this happens the night before we are supposed to take it to the PCA sprint tour...guess it's the VW for now till I get this sorted.

Coming home last night it was fine then it started to have a very loud intake sound under power. I initially thought maybe an exhaust leak but that was negative...it clearly was coming from the intake.

There also was a nasty smell in the car...almost like a clutch but more electrical in nature...hard to pinpoint. I almost wonder if some wires got fried somewhere.

I see the code is for the Bank 2 variocam actuator...oh joy nice and expensive. I guess it is jealous of me working on the 944.

Anyways if anyone has suggestions before I bring it to my indie for diagnosis let me know...especially if there are any related electronics in the cabin that I should be looking at first.

Chris