Thread: Difficult cars
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #10
recycledsixtie
recycledsixtie

Garage
This is the first car I have really started to work on. Done oil change, air filter change
and cabin filter change. I have a torx driver to remove the panel to access the cabin air filter but the screw went around and around etc... I did manage to reach under the plastic panel without removing it and install the filter anyway.

Yes I agree with you, you need specialized tools to do jobs. Next is to install the new accessory belt and check the water pump for freedom of rotation and play in it. My 2001 Box base has 40k miles on it and I will be doing the occasional 4 hour drive to the mountains. I have not had the codes read on it for the two years I have had it but likely should as the manual says so. My worst fear is having the Box apart in the garage and not being able to get it back together. My wife's Camry could serve the purpose of my being able to get parts and tools though.

I really don't like what my indy garage charges for work done so if I can do it myself it is a bonus. In 10k miles in the last 2 years nothing has really gone wrong. The big decision is whether to replace stuff slowly eg. water pump, coolant tank etc or just drive it till something breaks. Good thread this.
recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote