View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
Jager

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnaker View Post
Just do the obvious, keep an eye on the tank level for a while.
Are you certain that the water pump you took out is OEM? Just asking, since I bought a LASO pump a few years ago because it was less expensive, but I never installed it because I heard that they didn't hold up very well. The picture of the one you took out looks just like it including the brown impeller. There is no part number on the back side of the casting next to the hose connection. Does it have a LASO casting mark on the front side? The OEM one that I got from Sunset Porsche had the cast in place part numbers on the backside, a black impeller, and the finish was smoother on the overall casting also.
Well, I thought it was OEM but I just got a lesson on water pumps. I took a closer look at the pump I removed and surprise LASO. So this experience supports the theory the LASO water pumps DO NOT LAST. At least I know the pump I just installed is Porsche, I drove down to the Santa Barbara Porsche dealership and purchased from the parts counter.

So I must retract the comment I made on the original post about the quality control at Porsche… sorry… my bad.

Bad Water Pump

Bad Water Pump

Bad, Bad, Water Pump

The box my new pump was packaged in

300K Mile Club

Last edited by Jager; 05-14-2013 at 06:11 PM.
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote