View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #31
Perfectlap

tip, something I generally do. Spray the surface with a quick detailer before applying the wax to increase lubrication on the paint rubbing. Let the product haze over. Spray the surface again. Use speed, not pressure to to remove the wax if doing by hand. If there's any ressistance because the wax dried hard, simply apply more more spray. Switch to a buffing towel as soon the wax has been removed from the area. Don't use a wax-removal towel to buff the paint once the wax is off. That's askign for swirls. Spray the car again to remove any wax remnants but do so with a towel with less bite. I would even do this with an inexpensive halogen lamp the first time to see if your towels/methods are too harsh. Take a before and after pic directly over the lamp to see if you added any new swirls. Basically if you're touching the paint make sure its wet and you're using the softest, cleanest towel that will do the job.

one reason I don't like using the microfiber towels with the prickly hooks for painted metal is that they are great when brand new but after the first use they are really stubborn at letting go of whatever they pick up. A towel that touches your paint should not be clingy at all, the dirty matter should come right off the towel when shaken or washed. And most of those autostore towels sold in packs are just rebranded janitorial towels used to clean muck from floors. way too much bite.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-14-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote