View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Ckrikos

Installing 986 s brakes on base 986

I recently purchased a 986 s brake kit from someone parting out their boxster s. I'm getting the calipers, rotors, wheel carriers, and e brake lines. Now I know the fronts convert easily, but how about the rears. I assume I have all the parts, but I read somewhere there may be an issue with the abs sensor on the rear axle. There are older threads about brake replacement, but with the cars getting older I figure there will be more parts available and so needed to update the knowledge base as there is not much written on the topic.

You may ask why I'm upgrading, and to be honest my brakes work great, I just thought the deal was very good and I'm a sucker for boxster parts and DIY projects. When I get them I'm going to repaint the calipers (possibly rebuild), then decide whether to keep the rotors and pads as I'm told they are good. My current pads have about 20k miles on them and my rotors have 50k miles on them. I may prepare these for when my brakes components need replacing or have my shop install them when I eventually install m030, or may do it myself over the winter. Any thoughts, I'm currently driving a base 02 with pagid stock pads and rotors, with SS lines and ate blue fluid.

Last edited by Ckrikos; 05-13-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Ckrikos is offline   Reply With Quote