View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
Spinnaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
Here is a picture of the water pump I removed today. It was not leaking and no impeller damage but the thing was making some noise (bearings are bad). I spent about 2 hours bleeding the system, after installing the new pump, per the Bentley manual instructions (three cycles of burping and topping-off). Should I do more?[/img]
Just do the obvious, keep an eye on the tank level for a while.
Are you certain that the water pump you took out is OEM? Just asking, since I bought a LASO pump a few years ago because it was less expensive, but I never installed it because I heard that they didn't hold up very well. The picture of the one you took out looks just like it including the brown impeller. There is no part number on the back side of the casting next to the hose connection. Does it have a LASO casting mark on the front side? The OEM one that I got from Sunset Porsche had the cast in place part numbers on the backside, a black impeller, and the finish was smoother on the overall casting also.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap

Last edited by Spinnaker; 05-13-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote