View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #1
black_box
DIY extremist

Looking to determine FAIR price on '08 Boxster S w/ CPO warranty

Hi, I am in the process of selling my 2000 Boxster S. My Dad just bought a 991 Carrera S and wants to sell me his CPO 2008 Box S for "whatever I think is fair". This is actually a pretty tough question for me, as I would probably not be in the market for a car as nice or expensive as his otherwise (I'd probably keep my 2000 if this offer didn't exist). CPO warranty good until August 2014.

The car is a 6MT in Arctic Silver w/ blue interior and top, wearing 19" Carrera Sport Classic wheels w/ newish Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Bi-Xenon Litronics, Preferred Package, PSM, front clear bra and aftermarket touchscreen Nav / stereo installed w/ stock speakers and amp. Comes with original 18" "lobster claw" wheels with OEM Continentals.

Car used for daily driver in the suburbs, plus occasional roadtrips and DE's. The car is absolutely perfect condition AFAIK, maintenance done religiously by dealer in Memphis. Car is on original clutch and as far as I know, has only had some minor issues, except for a front control arm and stabilizer links, which were replaced (and aligned) due to a front end rattle.

NADA is 28k (rough trade-in) to 36k (clean retail), so what I am looking for is the true market value, so I'm not paying too much and my Dad will not be feeling gypped.

black_box is offline   Reply With Quote