View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
Dgnarvs
2001 Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
A couple gentle suggestions:

Open up the engine compartment and look around. When you let the smoke out of a component there are usually obvious signs. Fix those first.

No known 412 error code for a 2001 Boxster. Re-check and get the whole code and it will help greatly in your diagnosis.

Blindly changing parts based on others "smoke" incidents is probably not the most direct repair route. The process of elimination works.
Did a bit of research and found an old thread in renntech relating to the same thing, specifically, 'p1502: Porsche fault code 412 - DVE Fault during spring test exceeds limit value'. I think I saw a similar mention in this forum as well so I guess a 412 fault code does exist.

Of course, your suggestion makes complete sense but I'm still about 5 days away from seeing the car and having a chance to look around the engine comp. I was hoping to get some leads so that I can point my bro and the mechanic to the right direction. One can only do so much when you're 2000 miles away...except to panic and hope for the best!
Dgnarvs is offline   Reply With Quote