View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
I like grey myself, to go along with the Seal Grey body colour. And my taste is to go much simpler. I like 5-spoke; maybe I'm just too lazy when it comes to cleaning. But thanks for posting the option!
Those are fairly similar to my 997 Turbo Replicas which aren't really andy harder to clean than my factory 5 spoke Carrera summer wheels. In fact they take exactly the same amount of time to wash with a same wheel face brush I've been using for years.

Also, the Forgestars are actually a bit lighter than the Carrera lights and come in 18", a tough size to find these days as everyone wants big wheels. Last I checked they were going for $1300. I'm definitely going to consider those for my winter set if I decide not to go back to the Turbo replicas which are about 30% heavier than the Carrera light wheels.

Gun metal and seal grey would be a great color combination. Just add some $80 vinyl PORSCHE decals and your car instantly looks 10 years younger without much modifying that can't be reversed by simply tearing off the decals and putting your stock wheels back on.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-10-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote