View Single Post
Old 01-11-2006, 04:03 AM   #1
ARSpider2.0

Top Question....(maybe dumb)

I just joined the forum over the weekend and have been cruising and searching for information on what to look for when buying a late 90's/early 2000 Boxster, FAQ's, etc....I must say, you all have some great information out on this board. I have printed off a ton and plan to use the recommendations to begin my quest for a Boxster.

I do have one question, though, and it may seem odd. Is there a back-up manual system to raise and lower the top of the car?

My history with sports cars have been MG's and Alfa Romeo's (currently own and am in the final stages of restoring an early 80's Spider Veloce), as most know, those cars mentioned are very "manual top" cars.

I am in the precedings of convincing the family CFO that selling the Alfa and one of the other cars to move toward a Boxster is what we "need" to do. So far the kryptonite has been strong against me, but I think once she gets to test drive one, I will be "victorious"....maybe...well, I have hope....

I'll be searching/reading some more on the board to see what other items of great advice I can add to what I have already found.

Thanks for the top answer in advance.

-Mike
Greenville/Spartanburg, SC
ARSpider2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote