View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
It's not pretty, but zip ties held mine in with no issues, and weren't noticeable unless I pointed them out to people. They still rattled because they sit in there more loosely than they should, but they went nowhere until I cut the ties and pulled them out myself. Just make sure you get some that are thin enough to fit through one of the holes of the diffuser, while still being long enough to wrap around the roll bar.

If you search a bit you'll find some things folks have done, mostly just explained. I've never really seen photos of the handiwork, but from the explanations it's pretty easy to imagine and figure out. Some people glue/double-sided-tape in a little strip of felt or rubber on each tab, and that provides a little more thickness to the tabs to quiet the rattles and squeaks, as well as provides some friction to keep them in place.

There are also some aftermarket options that are more like a larger version of the lexan middle wind deflector, which run the entire distance from one roll bar end to the other, and screw in place onto the roll bar itself to keep it in place. It's one of the products advertised in a few spots throughout this forum.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote