View Single Post
Old 05-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
Sean Richard

2008 Boxster engine blower fan.

I have a 2008 Boxster RS Spyder with 67,000 miles on which I've owned since new and which has full service history from new and then some. The engine temperature since new has never budged from dead-center once warmed up, but recently it fluctuates between dead-center and the next notch up and hotter, and the engine blower fan on the right side seems to be continually running once normal temperature is reached, as if the system is struggling to keep the engine at normal temperature, and this was never the case before in five years of ownership. I don't run the AC and the blower fan is running at freeway speeds in normal local temperatures. Today I took it in for another oil change it didn't need just have them check and I told them the problem, but they say nothing is wrong, having put it on the diagnostic. I am not convinced. Am I expecting too much in expecting my car to run exactly as it did when new, or is there something that might be wrong that might not trip the check engine light or show up on the computer? I don't want the blower fan to fail or the engine to suddenly over-heat. Is there something I might ask them to actually check and take a look at, such as a possible faulty sensor? Thank you kindly for any expert input.
Sean Richard is offline   Reply With Quote