View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Hey folks. Sorry, was away for a bit, but thank you for the discussion and responses. I will be bringing the car in for an alignment soon and having the shop check things out to see if there are any serious issues throughout the rest of the suspension...hopefully not, but if so then maybe I'll have to accelerate my M030 plans...?

The tires are at least a few years old at this point, though they've yet to accumulate 10,000 miles yet (I know, I know, I'm driving it a lot more now than I used to, gosh...). I'm sure autocross is just destroying their lifespan, but this is really the first time I've ever seen them look like this, and I only noticed it going on a few weeks after the event while using it to commute for work the week I posted those pictures up.

Also, to one person's question above, I've run 36 all the way around for some time, and no, I'm not squared up. I still have the 7inch fronts and 8.5 inch rears. The car used to plow with the placard-recommended 29 up front compared to how it drives with 36 all the way around.

I know these are pretty benign scallops compared to what they could be, but since I'd never seen it before I was concerned that something may be up. I'm pretty sure there are no leaks, but will check anyway. These tires have been solid since I got them, so I expect that I'll see the same 36psi I put in them a few weeks ago 10 minutes before I took off for autocross.

Thanks again, and I'll throw an update up here if there are any discoveries or changes.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote