View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #78
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
I've been looking around online, particularly eBay, for the best price on a side skirt decal set. And, I've discovered prices ranging from $39 to $175 for what appears to be the same item. With that said, is there a level or grade of vinyl that distinguishes one from the other that I should be looking for ?
$175?? I think the dealer charges $150 so that's the Porsche tax price aka the high water mark. I think automotive vinyl wrap is all the same. I'd go by the feedback score if your going via ebay.

The $80 I paid from the UK guys, who do commercial applications, seem to be about right. No issues with the vinyl coming off.

Might not want to overlubricate the metal as it will be harder to stick but if you're fussy it will be easier to reposition before you squeege out the air bubbles.
You want to be very careful with the letters. Make sure they're well-squeeg'd and let it set for a bit before pulling off the backing. And go slowly and evenly when pulling off the backing. For the ends, I kept some rubber cement handy and dipped a toothpick amount on the extreme edges so that it would hold while it dried. I picked up this white tiny letter opener xacto type knife from Staples to cut the edges. The blade was barely a milimeter or two deep.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote