View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 AM   #12
Topless
Track rat

Garage
A few added bits...

The PSS9s are good tools but the real magic comes when an experienced suspension tech uses them to corner balance and align the car for it's intended use (street, track, dual purpose) and tire choices. When set up right the car will have increased grip and precision with even tire wear on four corners. That is a win.

Adjustable sways allow for tuning your setup to different tracks which is useful for competition but not necessary for street/DE cars. A well set up PSS9 car still feels very precise even on stock sways.

LCAs are only necessary if you need more than -2 degrees front camber to accommodate "camber hungry" comp tires. My car currently does not have LCAs and we were able to get an excellent dual-purpose setup without them and still get good grip and even tire wear. If I go with a more aggressive Comp tire that generates more lateral Gs, I will probably need LCAs.

Suspension setup is really all about managing your 4 contact patches and varies greatly depending on the tires you choose and your intended use for the car.