View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
Meat Head

Garage
Because it is a 2000 it's very likely is a double bearing car (much less than 1% failure) so you really don't need to worry about the IMS bearing until you replace the clutch. Sitting for 6 years would concern me the most (was it stored in a controlled environment?). Long term storage is very hard on seals. I purchased a 1998 with 27k miles but it was driven every year and stored in a heated garage for only 3-4 months at a time (winters). Don't let everyone scare you about the low mileage there are more bonuses then negatives. I spoke with 3 different Porsche mechanics and all of them told me that though there are some concerns with a low mileage older Porsche Boxsters, the positives outweigh the negatives (as long as they have been stored properly). I was told by all that they would much rather purchase a low mileage car than one with 75k+ miles. I'm by no means an expert on this but since my Boxster purchase I have done my share of research on these awesome little cars. Good luck with your purchase.
Meat Head is offline   Reply With Quote