View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
FYI - The R53 Cooper S also came with an optional John Cooper Works (JCW) package that includes:
  • Supercharger upgrade to 200hp (same hp as a base 986)
  • JCW suspension (shocks, springs, sway bars) that is stiffer than the M030 for the Boxster
  • JCW exhaust
  • JCW big front brakes (same size as standard on the Gen II R56 Cooper S)
This model of Cooper S is very fast and handles very well. Its a huge upgrade to a stock R53.
^ This would be in my top two if needed a daily driver. I drove a regular S one night, very very late in Manhattan on a holiday weekend (streets were nearly empty) and it was one of the most memorable drives I've ever had.
The MC may not be snap your neck fast but the short wb and gearbox make it without a doubt a driver's car... as long as its in warranty. I had a MC mechanic who was also a big Autox/Solo driver practically talk me out of ever buying a used one (as far as mechanicals) while five or six MC's were on the lifts behind him. I guess he seemed to think hey hold up decent as long as you drive them like the old guy with the blueblockers and sandals.

I also had a less than stellar experience with one a MC dealership who pulled a bait and switch on me for this particular lease offer. Basically they had me come in (aka waste my time) knowing full well they didn't have any of the cars that qualified for the lease deal. And the cars they did have cost more to lease than to buy...
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-26-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote