View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #4
deliriousga

I don't like lifting on the side rails like that. One slip and you can really mess up the car.

I jack the front up first and put it on ramps. Next, I use the rear jacking points to lift the front up high enough to go on the stands (I put it on ramps first so the sideways tilt is not so high when lifting it for stands in front). The small wood piece is ok on the stands. Others have used hockey pucks with success. Now that the car is on the stands in the front, I slide the jack under the main rear support (at the front of the metal engine/differential cover). I jack it under one of the bolts that's holding the cover on so I don't bend up the cover. That allows me to lift both rear wheels at once and slip the stands under the jacking points. Reverse to lower it.

For protection you can use just about anything soft on the floor jack. I have been using some scrap pieces of floor board molding left from when I replaced the floors. It's soft, pressed saw dust so it doesn't damage the jacking points and it sinks into the jack a little so it won't slide.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote