View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #16
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Strangepork View Post
Please, please keep telling me that the 981 is not as fun as a 986. It's the only thing keeping my desire for one of them in check

I really think Porsche knocked this design out of the park, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Yes, do not drive a 981 S, particluarly with SPort Chrono in Sport Plus(?) mode on a bit of road with long runs and tight turns.
It's terrible. I mean you'll just hate it. It's like driving a old lady's car.

p.s.
Those MR2 doors still have not grown on me. And the size of the wheels is kind of ridiculous. The wheel well opening is now so big that you have to have 20" wheels on the car, and anything in the 18" zone is going to look weird. That situation is going to limit tire choice and you're going to pay through the nose for just that one extra inch of rubber...total racket. The Panamera rear end is growing on me and the Ferrari California-esque front end is imho the best looking Porsche front end of any car. I just hope they strip down that Panamera/Panamera Coupe (aka Carrera) interior in an RS version. It's simply not a sports car interior. VW just decided to make all Porsche interiors the same as Audi yuppie mobile interiors.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-22-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote